Apec Australia – Quick Help Links

Apec Australia – Quick Help Links

What are ‘Assessment Levels’?

The Assessment Levels generally determine how likely you are to meet the conditions of an Australia Student Visa. The passport you hold and the education sector of your principal course will determine the appropriate ‘Assessment Level’ which your student visa application will be processed in. Level 1 is the lowest assessment level and 5 is the highest. The higher the level, the more evidence you will need to provide on things such as your English language skills and your financial situation.

When do I have to sit the IELTS ?

You must take the IELTS before apply for admission to any college or university.

What evidence of funds do I need to provide for student visa?

To get a visa to study in Australia you must show the DIAC that you have enough money to pay for your education, living costs and travelling for you and your family unit members while you are in Australia.

You must show enough funds to cover your annual course fees, travel costs to and from Australia per person (one return trip only), and living expenses as follows:
Course Fee: As applicable
Living Expenses
Your: AU$18,000
Your spouse: AU$6300
First child: AU$3600
Each extra child: AU$1800
School costs each year for every child aged between 5 and 18 years: AU$8000
Travel Cost: AU$2000.00 Per Person

Does the money have to be my own?

The money source to support you and your family in Australia depends on the Assessment Level your application will be processed at. For More information Contact Us

Do I need to send original documents with my application?

No, you do not need to provide original documents with your Australian student visa application. If the Australian Immigration authorities require original documents at any later stage they will ask for it. You should provide certified copies of original documents.
Documents can be certified by:
In Australia – Click Here
Outside Australia – please refer to the Australian High Commission in your country

Do my documents need to be translated into English?

Yes. Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by an English translation. If you are applying in Australia, the translator must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). If you are overseas, you should ask at your nearest Australian embassy or consulate for further information about how to get your documents translated.

Can I travel overseas while I’m in Australia on a student visa?

Yes. The Australian Student Visa is a multiple-entry visa which means you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like during its validity.

Can I work on my Australia Student Visa?

Once you have started your course you will be entitled to work for 20 hours per week during term time. You may only work full-time when your course is not in session, e.g. between semester one and semester two and between the end of the current academic year and the beginning of the next academic year.

Can I work full-time?

Once you have started your course and after you have been granted permission to work, you will be entitled to work for 20 hours per week during term time. You may only work full-time when your course is not in session, e.g. between semester one and semester two and between the end of the current academic year and the beginning of the next academic year.

Who qualifies as a family unit member?

A member of the family unit is your spouse or any unmarried dependent children of you or your spouse, who are under 18 years old. All members of your family unit must be declared on your student visa application whether or not they intend to travel to Australia at any time. A member who is not declared will not be eligible for entry to Australia as your family unit member, except for a person who becomes a member after your application was decided.

Can my family join me in Australia?

If your application is processed at Assessment Level 1 or 2 the members of your family unit can apply for a student visa (all subclasses) to live with you in Australia. They can apply at the same time as you, or after you have arrived in Australia.
If your student visa is processed at Assessment Levels 3-5 your family members can be granted student visas only if your proposed course of study is longer than 12 months.

How many hours my dependent can work?

Dependent family members have unlimited work rights if the primary visa holder has commenced a course towards a masters or doctorate degree. for all other subclasses dependent family members can work up to 20 hours per week at all times .

How long can my family stay in Australia?

Periods of stay granted to members of your family unit will generally be the same as your period of stay on your student visa. Your family members should ensure they always hold a valid visa while in Australia

Will my children go to school in Australia?

Any school-age family member (aged between 5 and 18 years) who will live with you in Australia is expected to attend school in Australia. You are fully responsible for their education costs.

How do I open an Australian Bank Account?

Our partner Banks can open your Australian bank account before you leave home. Commonwealth Bank will provide you with your account details by email within 4-5 working days of your application. Once you arrive in Australia you simply present your passport to any branch of bank to activate your account.

If you access the service, please contact us